your Electronic version (digital replica) Changed. To help you with this transition, we’d like to provide some answers to frequently asked questions and highlight some new and improved features.
See what’s new in the revamped design.
- easier navigation – A toolbar appears at the top of the page with multiple arrows to navigate to more content
- Improved article readability – Click anywhere in the article to pop up in text format with more options for increased visibility
- better zoom function – Options to increase or decrease text size are readily available in the toolbar and article view.Page fit/page fill, or other options to toggle display as single page or facing pages
- Clipping – Use this tool to drag & create clippings to share, download or print content
- bookmark – Use this tool to save articles and pages and come back to them later
- crossword – You can also click the available icons within the electronic article view to quickly jump to comics and puzzles such as daily crosswords.
You’ll find there’s a lot to explore in the revamped electronic edition. Delivering news content in a format that is beneficial to our customers is our number one priority. We’re not done yet, as we continue to listen to our viewers and find ways to improve. Stay tuned for announcements about enhancements in the coming months. Read below for answers to frequently asked questions.
Can I print newspaper articles and pages from the electronic version?
Yes, you still have the print functionality found in the top navigation bar or the icon at the top of the article in the article reader.
The location of the navigation bar on the main page is:
And here is the location at the top of the article reader page:
In addition to printing, you can also save as a PDF using the same options on the main navigation bar.[ダウンロード]You can also use the button to download the page without printing it.
Can I search for articles within an edition or search for past editions in the archive?
Yes, there is a search function to find articles within an edition and an archive to find past editions. Archived versions can be accessed for up to 30 days.
Is there still an index for jumping to sections or pages?
The index feature from previous electronic editions has been changed to improve navigation and is now called Pages. Located in the lower left corner of the electronic version, click the tab to open it.
You can see what it looks like here:
[ページ]Clicking on a tab opens a view containing section labels and a thumbnail view of the page that can also be clicked to load that page.
There are also menu options at the far right of the navigation bar. In order, these selections are:
- section list – Quickly jump to today’s publication section
- today’s edition – Access all publications including weekly magazines.
- menu – Find your saved downloads folder or access other features
https://www.thereporteronline.com/2022/09/22/everything-you-need-to-know-about-our-new-e-edition-digital-replica/ What you need to know