WTAJ — The Pennsylvania State Police are planning a “click it or ticket” traffic enforcement program set to run over the next week, along with child seat checks.
From Sunday, September 18th to September 24th, drivers who stop their car for not wearing a seatbelt will be given two warnings: traffic violation and seatbelt nonuse .
During the program, PSP will have a zero-tolerance policy against anyone who violates federal seat belt and child passenger restraint laws. Multiple checkpoints and child seat checkpoints will be installed.
The PSP says that fastened seat belts and correct use of child safety systems can significantly increase your chances of survival in a crash. Pennsylvania law requires children under the age of eight to be properly secured in a child restraint while in a vehicle. Children under the age of 2 must be seated in a rear-facing seat.
Troopers hold free Child Passenger Safety Seat Checks at multiple locations across the state. This also gives parents or guardians time to ask questions about the safety of the child passenger.
Sign up for daily updates on local news, weather and sports. WTAJ Newsletter
Below is a list of all locations within the region where PSP conducts child passenger seat checks.
- clearfield county
- PSP DuBois Child Seat Event – Monday, September 19th from 3:00pm to 9:00pm & September 21st from 2:00pm to 8:00pm
- DuSan Ambulance Building, DuBois, Pa 835 Beaver Drive (must request a reservation at 814-371-4652).
- Located at 6 South Front Street, Clearfield Volunteer Fire Department, Clearfield, Pennsylvania (reservations must be requested at 814-857-3800).
- Jefferson County
- PSP Punxsutawney Child Seat Event – Tuesday, September 20th, 2pm-8pm
- Punxsutawney Borough Building (Central Fire Department), Punxsutawney, Pa Address 301 East Mahoning Street (reservations must be requested at 814-938-0510)
- elk county
- PSP Ridgeway Child Seat Event – Tuesday, September 20th from 3pm to 9pm
- Located at 32 St. Leo Avenue, PennDOT County Office, Ridgeway, Pennsylvania (reservations must be requested at 814-776-6136).
https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/local-news/psp-enforcing-click-it-or-ticket-program-hosting-child-seat-safety-events/ PSP Launches ‘Click It Or Ticket’ Program With Child Seat Safety Event