A perfect desk is a dream for any office employee. It should be spacious enough to accommodate all your techniques, organizers, wire fasteners, and a computer monitor stand for a desk. In other words, it should be easy and comfortable to use.
Building a desk on your own necessitates not only some investment but also attention to detail and the selection of dependable materials that will extend its service life.
How To Choose A Perfect Desktop
Before purchasing all of the materials, a variety of factors should be considered.
The first and most important step is to decide on the shape of your future desk. It will determine the size of the wooden panel you should buy and the amount of money needed for that. The following are the primary shape types:
- It is the traditional version, which is identical to the standard writing table. It can be placed wherever you want in the room.
- L-Shaped.It is usually placed in a room corner. It is the best option for a small space.
- U-Shaped.This desk type has the most capacity and comfort due to the availability of side working surfaces. It can hold a PC, numerous peripherals, stationery, documents, etc. Nonetheless, it takes a lot of space.
When deciding on the right table size, keep in mind that there should be enough free space in the room not only for the table but also for the chair and bedside, if necessary. To properly choose the size of the desktop, you should first learn the size of the monitor, system unit, printer, etc.
The length of a standard desktop ranges between 110 and 140 cm (minimum – 90 cm). Its width typically ranges from 50 to 80 cm. The wider the desktop, the more comfortable it is to work on. Pay attention that a very wide model will take up a lot of room. The width of the retractable shelf should be sufficient to allow for comfortable use of the keyboard and mouse.
Once you decide on the shape and size, you will need to select the material. It is the material that determines the service life of your future desk. A desktop can be made of a variety of materials, including:
- It is a material that is both environmentally friendly and long-lasting. It does not require any special care. Disadvantages: expensive and massive;
- It looks like wood, but it is much cheaper. Its unique coating improves resistance to moisture and mechanical effects. Disadvantages: material swelling during damage and wetting, hole deformation during frequent assembly/disassembly, and toxicity;
- Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). It is a durable and environmentally friendly material. It is more expensive than chipboard but more resistant to damage;
When it comes to choosing a desktop, do not try to save money because a high-quality and comfortable product will serve you for many years and will protect your health.