Editor’s Note: This story was first posted and updated in August.
In addition to fun and funnel cake, animals and parades are back at the Lancaster County trade fair.
NS Elizabeth Town Fair Opening on Monday, August 23, the market goat show marks the beginning of the fair season.
Lancaster County has seven trade fairs, the most in the state.Because of the pandemic, these huge homecomings Almost canceled last year.
Organizers continued to plan the 2021 trade fair for over a year due to changes in rules regarding meetings, social distances and masks. Currently, COVID-19 infection is increasing.
“We’re a little nervous,” says Sally Noort, secretary of the Elizabeth Town Fair.
Fair volunteers want no masks needed. They want the fair not to be closed.
“We want things to go as planned,” she says.
Solanco Fair Starting Wednesday and running until Friday, masks are available and there is an additional hand-washing station, says Fair President Robert Lowry.
There are still many plans at each fair. Here’s a guide on what to see, what to eat, and how you can win prizes.
The menu at the local trade fair begins with a breakfast sandwich and ends with a milkshake.
Try the Harvey’s BBQ pull pork sandwich at Elizabeth Town Fair, the Shanek Area Lions Club cheeseburger at Denver Fair, the chicken corn soup at Solanco Fair, and the Toast Cheeseburger at Akron Lions Club. At the Efrata Fair, a milkshake by the director of the Lampetter Fair, a New Holland Lions ham and cheese sandwich, and a milkshake at the Mannheim Farm Show. On the salty side, French fries can be found in Denver, Efrata Fair and New Holland.
Last year, the livestock show One of the few fair activities.. Young competitors began raising animals before the pandemic. Their animal shows and auctions were invitation-only.
The show will be open to the public again this year, where you can see the screening of cows, sheep, pigs, goats and rabbits.
Apart from the animals on the market, the trade fair is full of encounters with animals.
I have Frog jump contest Elizabeth Town Fair, Saturday, August 28th, 5pm.
catch Western horse show At the West Lampeter Community Fair. The youth show is Friday, September 24th at 10:30 am and the show for all ages is 6 pm.
Children under the age of 14 can sign up to catch pigs. Youth barn tracking West Lampeter Community Fair, Thursday, September 23, 7:00 pm.
If you love the parade, support yourself.Where else are the following categories? The best twiller, The most patriotic baby When The fattest cat??Many people want the best spots along the parade route Secure a seat a few days in advance..
- Solanco Fair Parade, Wednesday, September 15th, 6pm
- Baby parade, Solanco Fair, Thursday, September 16th, 7pm
- Efrata Fair Parade, Wednesday, September 22, 7:00 pm
- Baby parade, West Lampeter Community Fair, Thursday, September 23, 6:00 pm
- Spectacle of Band Parade, New Holland Farmers Fair, Wednesday, September 29, 7:00 pm
- Baby parade, New Holland Farmers Fair, Saturday, October 2nd, 1:00 pm
- Pet parade, New Holland Farmers Fair, Saturday, October 2, just after the baby parade.
If you are a champion eater, sign up Long John Eating Contest In New Holland.There is also Pie eating contest In Elizabeth Town, one is for kids and the other is for the elderly, Chicken wings eating contest Only celebrities in Denver.
It’s fun to see kids pedal tractor pulling and visit the petting zoo. Some trade fairs in Lancaster County also have a free on-stage lineup that includes bands and other acts. Here are some highlights:
- NS Uptown band Elizabeth Town Fair will be held on Wednesday, August 25th at 8pm.
- Great grease band It will be held on Saturday, August 28th at 7:30 pm at the Elizabeth Town Fair.
- Jess Zimmerman Band, Led by Kokariko’s AlumRound three fairs, Monday, August 23, 7:30 pm and 8:15 pm Elizabeth Town Fair. Denver Fair, Friday, September 17th, 7pm, Efrata Fair, Saturday, September 25th, 6:30 pm.
- There is also Rock and Roll Pet Store Kids Show In Elizabeth Town (several shows) Juggler Chris Ivy (Elizabeth Town Fair, Wednesday, August 25, 7:00 pm), Comedy Hypnotist Mike Bishop (Elizabeth Town Fair, Saturday, August 28, 7 pm and 9 pm) Kokariko School District Music (Denver Fair, Thursday, September 16th, 6:30 pm).
Each fair has hundreds of entries, from the oldest antique tractors to the largest zucchini. Some of the winners will proceed to the Pennsylvania Farm Show. Most receive prizes. All entries will be on display during the fair.
Bid on the Elizabeth Town Fair (Tuesday, August 24, 7:30 pm) and Denver Fair (Tuesday, September 14, no time set) auctions and bring back some of these baked goods .. At the Efrata Fair, baked goods will be on sale from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm on Tuesday, September 21st.
Most of the exhibits are what you bake, grow and make. The West Lampeter Community Fair has two areas that are popular for collecting. Older grandmas and grandpas have vintage utensils in categories such as celery stands, cracker tins, and butter dishes. Next to the fairground is the barn area, with categories such as local vintage photography, funnels and wide axes.
The 2021 trade fair in Lancaster County is back. Here’s what to eat, what to look for, and where to find the parade.entertainment
Source link The 2021 trade fair in Lancaster County is back. Here’s what to eat, what to look for, and where to find the parade.entertainment