Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of sexual abuse by two more women – Morning Call

Written by Jake Offenhart (Related Press)

NEW YORK (AP) — A week after music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs settled a separate lawsuit with singer Cassie that included allegations of rape and physical abuse, two more women have been sexually assaulted. He came forward for sexual abuse.

Both new lawsuits were filed Thursday on the eve of the expiration of the Adult Survivors Act, a New York state law that gives victims of sexual abuse a one-year grace period to file civil lawsuits without regard to the statute of limitations. It was done.

The filing alleges that Combs, then a talent director, party promoter and up-and-coming figure in New York City’s hip-hop community, allegedly committed acts of sexual assault, assault and forced drugging in the early 1990s. detailed.

One of the accusers, Joy Dickerson, said she was a 19-year-old student at Syracuse University when she agreed to meet Combs at a Harlem restaurant in 1991. After her date, Combs allegedly “deliberately drugged” her and took her home. He sexually assaulted her, according to her filing.

Combs unknowingly videotaped the assault and later shared it with several friends in the music industry, the complaint alleges. His public revelations sent Mr. Dickerson into a ” tailwind ,” causing him to fall into severe depression, end up in the hospital, and be forced to drop out of college.

In a separate lawsuit filed Thursday, an unnamed woman accused Combs and R&B singer Aaron Hall of sexually assaulting her and a friend, then assaulting her several days later.

The woman, identified only as Jane Doe, said she and her roommate returned to Mr. Hall’s home with Mr. Hall and Mr. Combs after a music industry event in 1990 or 1991. The accuser said she was forced to have sex with Combs. Later, while Jane Doe was changing, “Hall barged into her room, held her down and forced Jane Doe to have sex with him,” the complaint states.

According to the complaint, the victim later spoke with a friend, who was also not named, and learned that the friend had been “forced to engage in sexual acts with Combs and Hall in another room.” “According to information and belief, once Combs ended his relationship with Jane Doe, he and Hall switched places and began assaulting Jane Doe’s friend,” the complaint states.

A few days later, an “enraged” Combs allegedly showed up at the two women’s homes and tried to stop them from speaking out about the abuse. He then strangled the woman, identified as Jane Doe, until she passed out, the complaint states.

In an emailed statement, a spokeswoman for Ms. Combs denied the allegations and accused the two women of trying to exploit a New York state law that temporarily extended the statute of limitations.

Email inquiries to Hall were not returned.

Tyrone Blackburn, the anonymous accuser’s attorney, said his client was in the process of securing medical documents and witness statements to support her lawsuit, which was filed late Thursday “to protect the statute of limitations.” Stated.

Dickerson’s lawsuit says the victims filed police reports in New York and New Jersey after the abuse. He contacted the New York City Police Department, but did not receive an immediate response. It is not clear in which other jurisdictions the report was filed.

After the assault was filmed, Dickerson approached friends in the music industry to confirm the existence of the “revenge porn” tape, but “those feared Mr. Combs would retaliate and lose future business.” He said he was refused. And musical opportunities too. ”

The Associated Press typically does not publish the names of people who say they were sexually abused unless they come forward publicly, as Dickerson did.

Years after the assault allegations, Combs, now 54, founded his own label, Bad Boys Records, helped produce Mary J. Blige and Biggie Smalls, and became one of hip-hop’s most influential artists. He went on to become one of the hip-hop producers and executives. history of the genre.

The two lawsuits follow a separate series of assault charges filed last week by Kathy Ventura, during a long-term relationship that began in 2005 when she was 19 and he 37. , said Combs had subjected her to some type of abuse.

In the charges, Ventura said Combs drugged her, subjected her to “savage” beatings and forced her to have sex with male prostitutes, masturbating and filming her while they did it. Ta. When she tried to end her relationship in 2018, she claimed Mr. Combs raped her.

The lawsuit was settled a day after it was filed for an undisclosed amount.

In a statement released by his lawyers, Ventura said he wanted to resolve the matter “provided I have some control.”

Combs said, “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. We wish Kathy and her family all the best. Love.”

https://www.mcall.com/2023/11/24/sean-diddy-combs-accused-of-sexual-abuse-by-two-more-women/ Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of sexual abuse by two more women – Morning Call

Exit mobile version