US & World

Judge: No Bonds for Michigan Teens Charged for School Shooting | Associated Press-News

Oxford Township, Michigan (AP) —The judge ordered a boy in Michigan, who was charged with shooting at Oxford High School, to be transferred from a juvenile training center to a county prison.

Ethan Crumbley is not detained on charges of murder, attempted murder, death-causing terrorism, or gun crime. He was charged as an adult, but has been detained in a juvenile training school that has killed four students and injured seven others since the shooting on Tuesday.

Judge Nancy Karniak said at a Crumble hearing on Wednesday that she would “carelessly” approve the transfer of Crumble. Crumble’s defense lawyer was against the move.

This is the latest news update. The previous story of AP is as follows.

Oxford Township, Michigan (AP) — A 15-year-old boy was charged with murder and terrorism in a shooting that killed four students and injured another in a high school in Michigan, officials said Wednesday. Said to. A few hours before bloodshed.

The day after the violence at Oxford High School, about 30 miles (50 km) north of Detroit, Oakland County authorities provided no motive. However, prosecutor Karen McDonald said the shooting was planned, based in part on the “mountain of digital evidence” collected by police.

“This wasn’t just an impulsive act,” McDonald said.

Lieutenant Tim Willis, a county security officer in Auckland, said in a court hearing at Ethan Cranby that the boy recorded a video on the eve of the violence and discussed the shooting and killing of students.

The revelation was made by Lieutenant Tim Willis, Sheriff of Auckland County, during a court hearing in Ethan Cranby. Willis commented shortly before Crumble was charged with murder, attempted murder, death from terrorism and gun crime. He has been charged as an adult. I didn’t immediately know if there was a lawyer who could comment on him.

Sheriff Mike Bouchard told reporters that Cranby’s parents were called to school on Tuesday “for actions in the classroom that were of concern.” The teen remained in school and the shooting took place hours later.

Bushar did not provide details about what bothered school officials. He said investigators believed the gun was already in school.

“There is nothing that he may have faced that justifies the meaningless and absolutely brutal violence against other children,” the sheriff said.

McDonald’s told reporters that shooting should be a call for awakening of new gun control in countries that have “became insensitive to shooting at school.”

“We have to do better,” McDonald said without offering any specific changes. “How many times does this need to happen? How many times?”

She said allegations of terrorism also apply.

“What about all the kids running, screaming, hiding under their desks? … they are victims, so are their families, so are the communities,” McDonald’s said. ..

An agent rushed to school during the lunch break on Tuesday and arrested Crumble in the hallway within minutes of the shooting. According to sheriffs, his father bought a 9mm Sigzauer gun last week.

McDonald’s said his parents were being considered for prosecution.

“Ownering a gun means keeping the gun properly fixed, locked, and separated from the ammunition,” she said.

The four students killed were identified as 16-year-old Tate Myre, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin, and 17-year-old Justin Shilling.

After the attack, authorities learned of a social media post about the threat of shooting at school for about 1,700 students. Sheriffs emphasized how important it is to send such hints to the authorities, warning of spreading social media rumors before a full investigation.

Isabel Flores, a 15-year-old 9th grader, told Detroit television station WJBK that she and another student heard gunshots and saw another student bleeding from her face. Then they ran from the area through the back of the school, she said.

Worried parent Robin Reading said her son, 12th grade Treschan Bryant, was at home on Tuesday after hearing the threat of possible shootings.

“This couldn’t just be random,” she said.

Brian said he had heard vague threats “for a long time” about the shooting plans.

At a rally at the Lakepoint Community Church on Tuesday night, Lee Andersa held back tears while hugging her friends and neighbors. Delsa has lived in Oxford for almost all 73 years. Her grandson went to high school.

“I scared all of us terrible. It’s terrible,” Delsa said of the shooting.

Rev. Jesse Holt said shooting news flooded him and his wife, including texts from some of the 20 to 25 students in the 400 congregation.

“Some were so scared that they were hiding under the desk and sending us text messages. I heard gunshots, but it’s okay.” They were trying to calm us, at least it was. That’s how it felt, “he said.


Associated Press Journalist, Ryan Chriska, Mike Householder, David Aguilar, Oxford Township, Michigan. Kathleen Hoody in Chicago. Josh Boak of Rosemount, Minnesota contributed to this report. New York AP researcher Rhonda Shafner also contributed.



Judge: No Bonds for Michigan Teens Charged for School Shooting | Associated Press-News

Source link Judge: No Bonds for Michigan Teens Charged for School Shooting | Associated Press-News

Related Articles

Back to top button