The next event is scheduled for next week across the region.
• The Bryn Mawr Outdoor Twilight Concert Series will feature opener Julie Williams and folk singer-songwriter John Gorka at 7 pm on Saturday, and a family folk concert featuring trout fishing at Bryn Mawr Gazebo Park on Wednesday at 7 pm. During his career dating back to the 1980s, Gorka collaborated with Nanci Griffith, Mary Chapinkerpenter, Ani DiFranco, Lucy Kaplanski, Patty Larkin and others to release 15 acclaimed albums. His latest album is “True in Time” in 2018. American Trout Fishing is a collaboration between Keith Grimwood and Ezraidre. For 45 years, their vibrant, percussive sound and dynamic stage presence have nurtured a multi-generational fan base.Concert ticket is $ 15 brynmawrtwilightconcerts.com..
• Country singer, songwriter and recording artist Timmy Brown will be performing with a band of leading Nashville musicians at the 3rd Berks Arts Bandshell Concert in Reading City Park on Friday at 7pm. Originally from Massachusetts, he was voted four times in 2019 by the local male artist of the year for New England country music and moved to Nashville four years ago. So he released the 2021 album “Good Life” and released 10 original songs. One of them, “Play It by Beer,” was released as a single with a new music video. Brown will take producer / bandleader / multi-instrumentalist and co-author Josh Grave to the bandshell, along with drummer Alec Parish and guitarist Brandon Bagby. Parish has recently toured with country singer-songwriter Walker Hayes (“Fancy Like”), and Bagby has toured with Christian singer Mandy Sa. Prior to the band’s performance, a presentation from a local music organization will be held from 6 pm. Bring a blanket and a lawn chair. There is a food vendor on site. See for more information. berksarts.org..
• PA’s Doberman Pinscher Rescue and Charwills German Shepherd Rescue fundraiser, the 2nd Annual Pawz for Wine, will be held Saturday from 11am to 4pm at the Lascom Manor Fire Company. Samples from a dozen wines, spirits, beers and mead vendors, as well as food, raffle, prizes and live entertainment.Tickets are $ 25 eventbrite.com..
• The Great American Guitar Show is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks. The show includes records and souvenirs of all kinds of guitars, amps and music-related items, in new, used and vintage conditions. Business hours are Saturday 10am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm, with tickets for $ 15 on Saturday, $ 12 on Sunday and $ 20 for a two-day pass. phillyexpocenter.com..
• Phoenixville’s Forge Theater will screen “Carry: Musicals” on Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm. , She has been bullied by a popular crowd and is virtually invisible to anyone else. In her home, she is dominated by her mother, who is dominated by her affectionate but cruelly. None of them know that Carrie has just discovered that she has a special power and she is not afraid to use it if she is pushed too far away. is.For tickets and more information, see forgetheatre.org..
• ACT Players will be presenting the work of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s “Mary Poppins, Broadway Musical” at Lincoln University’s Wear Center for Performing Arts from Thursday to July 31st. Show times are Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 2pm. See for more information. actplayers.org..
• Glenside’s Kezwick Theater will introduce singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot on Thursday at 7:30 pm and comedian aunt Mary Pat at 8 pm on Friday. , “,” Thoughts in my heart “,” Carefree highway “,” Sunset “,” (That’s what you get) For Lovin Me “,” Edmund Fitzgerald’s shipwreck “. Her aunt Mary Pat first appeared on viral video in early 2018 after winning the Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl. In early 2019, after her successful kickstart campaign, she released her debut comedy album, Talk of the Township. It reached number 5 on the iTunes comedy chart.For tickets and more information, see keswicktheatre.com..
Highlights of local events include outdoor concerts, guitar shows, theaters and more. [Events roundup] – Daily local
Source link Highlights of local events include outdoor concerts, guitar shows, theaters and more. [Events roundup] – Daily local