At a boyfriend’s murder trial, a Hatfield woman remembers the death of her 4-year-old daughter – thereporteronline

Norristown — Sometimes with tears, the mother of a four-year-old girl remembered the jury on the day she died after being beaten and strangled by her living boyfriend.

Pailenn Bunrout told a jury in Montgomery County that she was working at the Towamencin Township supermarket when she received a text message from her boyfriend Marquis Lamont Thomas at 7:45 am on October 18, 2016. Don’t get up. Banlaut told Thomas to call 911 and testified that he would go home soon.

“Kylie was lying in bed. I was trying to wake her up, but I couldn’t. There was something like saliva on her shirt. She felt cold,” Banlaut said. Testified on Tuesday and recalled what he had observed when he returned to the couple’s residence at Forgegate Apartments on Snyder Road, Towamensin.

Banlaut testified that he called 911 after learning that Thomas had not requested help under a cross-examination by District Attorney Edward F. McCann Jr.

According to testimony, at the request of the 911 dispatcher, Thomas began performing chest compressions on the girl until police and emergency medical personnel arrived.

Bunrout remembered that emergency medical personnel arrived and took over, and that she observed a bruise on the girl’s belly when they took off Kailee’s shirt. Banlaut testified that the child had no bruise or other injuries when she bathed and laid her on the eve of October 17.

The girl was later sentenced to death at Abington Healthlandsdale Hospital at 8:33 am, according to criminal accusations filed by Gregory Henry County and Patrick Horn. Testimony revealed that authorities had noticed a bruise on the girl’s torso.

According to the arrest affidavit, when Thomas was interviewed, he would wake up at about 7:44 am to go to Kylie’s room, and she wouldn’t wake up so she would sit in bed and “shake” to wake her up. I told the detective. Thomas is said to have told the detective that he noticed that Kyrie’s skin was cold.

However, county detective Kathleen Kelly said on Tuesday that when the detective later downloaded the content on Thomas’ cell phone, during the four minutes starting at 7:21 am, “sounds while performing CPR,” etc. I testified that I had determined that I had done an internet search that included the subject of. Kelly testified that there was no evidence that Thomas had ever called 911.

According to the arrest affidavit, Thomas also claimed to have observed his girlfriend bruised Kylie while turning her child into a bed on October 17.

Thomas, 35, who lives in 1300 blocks of Needham Circle in Hatfield, has been charged with one and three murders, endangering the welfare of his children and exacerbating assault in connection with Kylie’s death.

Thomas maintains his innocence, and it is unclear whether he will testify in a trial that is expected to last about four days before Judge William R. Carpenter.

The cause and method of Kylie’s death was initially described as “undecided,” but investigators said the girl’s brother was treated at the Philadelphia Children’s Hospital on September 15, 2018, on suspicion of being injured by child abuse. I reviewed the case. testimony.

According to testimony, Kylie’s brother was admitted to CHOP, tests showed bleeding in both eyes and bruising in the right eye, and the assessment did not identify the underlying medical or accidental cause explaining the boy’s condition. It was.

Doctors said the boy’s injury was “consistent with the trauma inflicted / physical abuse of the child.” At that time, the boy lived in Hatfield with his mother and Thomas. Thomas and the victim’s mother also share a young daughter.

In February 2019, authorities interviewed an eight-year-old boy and revealed that Thomas had repeatedly “suffocated” him.

“He put his arm around my neck. It hurts and I can’t breathe. I’ll faint,” the 11-year-old boy testified on Tuesday about Assistant District Attorney Brianna Ringwood.

The boy testified that Thomas had told him not to tell anyone about the case.

In other testimony, the boy claimed that Thomas had forced him to stand with his back to the wall and crouch for long periods of time pretending to be sitting.

“I want to get burned. The boy claimed to the jury that Thomas was also forced to do a handstand for a long time, causing headaches and doing push-ups until his arms and chest hurt.

During the cross-examination, defense lawyer Matthew Quigg suggested that the child made inconsistent statements during the investigation and said in a previous interview with the child’s social worker that he had “fainted” on suspicion of a choking case. I asked the boy why he had never done it. The boy said in a previous interview that he was “nervous.”

The boy testified that he had never seen Thomas harm Kylie, but one night he woke up and saw Kylie crying elsewhere where Thomas was by her. I remembered when I saw it.

Thomas faces additional charges of endangering, strangling and exacerbating assault of children’s welfare in connection with the alleged physical abuse of Kylie’s brothers.

McCann and Ringwood argued that the evidence in the case would indicate that Thomas was the one who was hurting the children.

However, Quigg argues that the prosecutor does not have enough evidence to prove that Thomas injured the children, and although Thomas is not the real father of the two victims, the children. Claimed to have grown up and treated it as if it were his own.

Quigg suggested that the girl’s injuries, including a bruise to her torso, could have been caused by Thomas trying to perform CPR on his child while suffering from a medical emergency.

According to prosecutors, when Kylie’s brother was treated with CHOP for a similar injury to Kylie in 2018, he raised a red flag on medical personnel and detectives and resumed investigations into Kylie’s death.

A review of Kylie’s medical history was evaluated at CHOP on September 4, 2016 by a physician who identified bleeding in both eyes, a bruise under the left eye, a tongue injury consistent with a bite, and two healing rib fractures. I made it clear. According to criminal accusations, there are multiple wounds on her torso.

Doctors told Banlaut that Kylie was suspected of being abused, but she said she thought it was “impossible” at the time and did not believe that Thomas would harm her children.

Kylie’s autopsy by the Coroners Office in Montgomery County, October 19, 2016, contusion, abrasions and scars on the skin, bleeding in the right eye, bleeding in the soft tissue of the neck, lacerations in the heart and liver, and according to court documents. , Stomach and bladder.

At that time, the cause and method of Kylie’s death was described as “undecided.”

However, on June 19, 2019, after the detective resumed investigating Kylie’s death, doctors who reviewed the 2016 autopsy and other sources said Kylie “died as a result of blunt impact trauma and strangulation. I did, “and cited the method of death as a murder.

The detective concluded that Kyrie was “care, custody, and control” shortly before Thomas was found dead.

The detective further claimed that when Thomas did not seek medical assistance for the girl on October 18, Kylie instead advised her girlfriend in the text that she was unresponsive, saying, “This omission is Thomas’ distance from the event. It was an attempt to avoid it. 911 Answers to quick questions by the operator. “

At a boyfriend’s murder trial, a Hatfield woman remembers the death of her 4-year-old daughter – thereporteronline

Source link At a boyfriend’s murder trial, a Hatfield woman remembers the death of her 4-year-old daughter – thereporteronline

Related Articles

Back to top button