Today we are going to take a look at game design vs game development. These are quite interesting and demanded specialties. This activity will be interesting for people who are fond of computer games and at the same time have good knowledge of mathematics and physics.
You will be able to create virtual worlds that will exist according to the laws you have written. Among the advantages of the profession are high salaries, even for beginners, and prospects.
The advantages of both the game designer and the creator are approximately the same.
- Interesting job.
- High salaries
- Demand. A lot of companies are looking for good developers.
- The ability to work remotely from home.
- You can open your own studio and make more money.
Employers can provide various bonuses, for example, a percentage of profits, in addition to salaries, top-end computers, comfortable offices, and much more.
It is more difficult for beginners to find a job, as many people need people with experience. However, given the shortage of personnel, you can first get a job in a small studio or startup, and then in a large company.
It takes a lot to know and be able to be in demand.
It is necessary to learn and master new technologies, because the IT world is changing rapidly.
What do you need to know and be able to do?
* First, the game developer must know one of the popular engines, such as Unity, Unreal Engine 4, or another. How to install it, work in the interface, integrate characters, customize the gameplay, animation, sound and much more.
* It is necessary to know programming languages. In the case of Unity, this is C # (C sharp). It is on it that the engine is written. During the development process, you will need to write additional code. Knowledge of Python, Java and C ++ will not be superfluous.
* Master the Blender package. It is used for 3D modeling, rendering and 3D graphics creation. It is free software and is free to download.
* It is important to understand the physics of the processes. For example, what forces should influence the behavior of the characters and their movements.
* Become familiar with game genres and know their features. In a number of vacancies, employers explicitly indicate that the applicant must have experience in certain projects.
* Know what OOP (Object Oriented Programming) is.
* Be able to use Git.
Who is a game developer and what does he do?
Modern games are often created on engines that contain ready-made solutions and allow you to release projects for PCs, consoles, mobile devices. Examples of such platforms: Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine, GameSalad, HeroEngine and many others.
Game developers are specialists who work with engines and use them to create new shooters, quests, arcades, puzzles, etc. Usually their responsibilities include:
* Customization of the visual component: textures, materials, lighting, cameras, etc.
* Programming levels.
* Integration of characters into the game and setting up their interactions.
* Implementation of animation, models and various effects.
* Development of game mechanics, that is, how the game should function, what should happen in it and how.
* Implementation of third-party plugins and SDKs, for example, analytics and advertising systems.
* Code optimization to make programs run faster and require fewer resources.
* Creation of additional applications, for example, the built-in level editor.
And in order to order the design or development of a game, you need to contact professionals with extensive experience, such as https://kevurugames.com/hire-game-designers/. And then you will definitely be satisfied with the result!